Thursday, March 4, 2010

Change is in the air People!

Hello everyone from LOVE{R}LY DESIGNS. I thought it was time to try out something new, and this is what I came up with today after much thought.
 What do you think?  Here is my vision...

Me: (walking into a print shop to get my logo thrown on some paper) "So what colors do you have on the press today?"

Press Dude: "They're sweet. I've got 377 and 227 all inked up and ready to go" (For those of you wondering if I've lost my marbles, those numbers are PMS 377 and PMS 227, the Pantone Matching System, which is a way of insuring that when you go to two different print shops to get something printed, they can match the color EXACTLY so you don't end up with brown and blue from the same design. Sweet, yeah? Oh, and 377 is olive green, and 227 is a magenta, my two fave colors of the moment together.)

Me: "Sounds good to me."

I like the spontaneity of not having set colors for my logo. There's just too many ways to combine them all!  I'm going to have to have a really strong brand though to get away with this.... hmmm, something for me to think about as I start throwing work out there! 

So let me know what you think about this, or any ideas you have for my exodus of rebranding.

Love you guys, thanks for reading!

Jessica

4 comments:

  1. I love the top color combo-- it has a lot of energy. I can literally feel my eyes moving back a forth between the bright green brackets and the flower. It excites the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your site is absolutely beautiful!!!! It makes me swoon. :) Love(r)ly, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what scared me here. I knew what those pantone colors were. ACCCKKK!!!! I like the top. I think the green makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you haven't been posting anything. You OK?

    ReplyDelete